Open Enrollment Period
January 1, 2021-February 28, 2021
APPLICATION PERIOD - On-going
Applications for the KISP program are on-going. Admittance is based on openings.
Click on the link below to be redirected to our SchoolMint application site. You will be able to apply to one or both academies
LOTTERY* - Should the number of student Intent to Enroll forms, submitted by the stated deadline, exceed the number of spaces available in any given grade, a random public lottery will be held to determine admission, per the requirements of Ed Code 47605(d)(2)(B).
The following guidelines apply to the application process (please see "Admission Preferences" below for complete details and policy):
By law, all Kairos Public Schools applicants are accepted by a public random drawing.
A lottery drawing will be held.
Applicants not selected for enrollment in the lottery will be given an order number for the "wait list."
All families will be notified by mail of their status in the lottery drawing.
It is the responsibility of the guardian/parent to notify KPSVA of preferences that apply to the applicant, and to provide verification of that preference.
Should your child not be accepted and would like to reapply for the following school year, you will need to submit another Intent to Enroll form during open enrollment the following year.
*Lottery is for Open Enrollment Applicants only. Open Enrollment accepted Jan. 1, 2021 - Feb. 28, 2021
The public random drawings shall be conducted in stages in accordance with the following preferences in the priority order listed below. These preferences are authorized in accordance with applicable law.
If the Charter School receives a number of applications that exceed the number of available seats at any given grade level, a random public lottery will be hosted and preference for the available spaces and will be given to students consistent with Education Code section 47605(d)(2)(B) in this order:
1. Current KPSVA Site-based students
2. Siblings of currently enrolled KPSVA Site-based students
3. Children or grandchildren of Kairos Employees and/or current Board of Directors, Foundation Board Members and elected Advisors to the Board
4. Students of other Kairos programs
5. Sibling of students enrolled in other Kairos programs
6. Scholars whose residence is within one mile of the KPS program they are applying for.
7. Students on the waitlist from the previous year (who submitted an application during the open application period for current year enrollment) for the same program for which the applicant applied, who reside in the Vacaville Unified School District boundaries.
8. Students residing within Vacaville Unified School District boundaries
9. Students on the waitlist from the previous year (for students who submitted an application during the open application period) for the same program for which the applicant applied, who reside outside of the Vacaville Unified School District boundaries.
10. All other students
*Admission Preferences are for Open Enrollment Applicants only. Any applicants dated after Feb. 28th, 2021 will be first-come first-serve.
Kairos Public Schools welcomes all students and families to join our educational community regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, gender identity, academic performance, special education status or English learner status. We are excited that you are interested in joining our community.